Ok, I've been saying this is going to happen for quite a while now, but I'm finally going to actually go through the effort of setting one of these things up. This will be a fairly long-term game, so hopefully people have some time to commit to this.
At least 10 players will participate (including myself). We'll each take control of a lower league side in England. Perhaps League One? We'll do a random draw to see who gets what pick and then you can pick what team you want.
We'll have to agree on times to play matches and whatnot, but I'd prefer evenings. Maybe Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights between 6 and 10 pm ET? That's certainly up for discussion, but keep in mind that we'll all, at least in the beginning, be in the same league and thus we'll need to be online at the same time in order to play these matches.
Here are some basic rules for the Game:
- The transfer of players and staff from Human Teams to Human teams must be agreed by both managers and not their assistants.
- All managers will start League One (open to discussion) and the order of managers pick will be decided by draw.
- If an individual manager crashes during their match the game will NOT be reloaded and match will continue. If the game goes down during matches due to the host’s internet the game will not be reloaded. If it happens during a cup final a decision will be made and ultimately would be decided by vote if the 2 human managers could not agree.
- The match speed should be set to "Key Highlights" with maximum speed or 1 notch below maximum. You cannot use any slower setting
- All members must have Skype and working Microphone as this is what we use to communicate. I understand that you will not be able to be on mic all the time due to commitments. (Edit: I've been informed we can use Steam's in-game chat. Awesome.)
- No cheating. That means no Genie Scout and no FMRTE. Any manager suspected of using an exploit or cheating must defend himself to the rest of the group, and they will decide by voting whether such behaviour has occurred.
- If a manager resigns from a club he has to drop down 1 division.
- During Summer Transfer Window we will play 1 hour with a timer and then 1 week offline.
So, who's interested? Leave me a way to contact you in the comment section (twitter, e-mail, etc.)