That's not a white Spurs shirt Leandro is wearing
Remember Leandro Damiao? Of course you do. He's that really good, 22-year-old striker who plays for Internacional. He also happens to be a transfer target of Tottenham, but for reasons that nobody can quite explain, he still does not play for Spurs.
While Leandro isn't playing for Tottenham, he spends his time playing in Brazil and last week, that meant playing for Internacional in the Copa Libertadores. Guess what? He played really well and there is video evidence of it so grab a tissue box and get ready for the sobbing. Video after the jump.
Done sobbing? Okay, let's break this down one thing at a time:
- He is wearing a red shirt, which means he is not playing for Tottenham,
- He assists on the first goal by holding off a defender and using a great first touch to set up the one-two.
- He almost scores a goal with a beautiful curled shot towards the upper corner, but the goalkeeper made a fine save
- He is involved in pretty much every Internacional foray forward.
- His shot forces the save that turns into a rebound for Internacional's second goal
- He is wearing a red shirt, which means he is not playing for Tottenham
What we have here is an exceptional young player playing exceptionally and doing it at a position where Spurs need help AND for a club that Spurs have a partnership with. Also, if you didn't notice, he is wearing a red shirt in these highlights, which means he is not playing for Tottenham. If that is the case six months from now then things might get a little murder-y.