Simon Dawkins - One of the Few Healthy
Spirits are high for the Tottenham faithful after Spurs earned a key win in the North London Derby this Sunday. The team is getting healthier, and a top-4 finish is looking the goal again after stringing together four straight wins.
However, injuries have continued to mar the loaned-out Tottenham players. Jermaine Jenas has suffered an Achilles injury that has again delayed his Aston Villa debut. Nathan Byrne has suffered a long-term ankle injury that will hamper the development of the right back prospect. Ryan Mason, Ben Alnwick, and Adam Smith have all been relegated to the trainers table as they fight for fitness.
Still, Kyle Naughton continues to impress with Norwich, David Bentley is becoming a mainstay at West Ham, and Simon Dawkins continues to get minutes in MLS. Dawkins was even the subject of a community member report this week, as @JasonNorbury contributed:
"Developmental player report: Simon Dawkins looks good with ball, needs work on crosses/passes."
This week's loan watch after the jump:
- Kyle Naughton started and went 90 minutes as Norwich City lost to Manchester United 2-0.
- Steven Caulker is out with a knee injury. He has returned to Tottenham Hotspur for treatment.
- Jermaine Jenas did not dress as Aston Villa beat to Wigan 2-0. Jenas is recovering from a thigh and Achilles injury.
- David Bentley started and went 89 minutes as West Ham drew Crystal Palace 2-2. Bentley also started and went 90 minutes in the midweek as West Ham lost to Ipswich Town 1-0,
- Bongani Khumalo did not dress as Reading drew Middlesbrough 0-0.
- Ryan Mason has an ankle injury and did not play in Doncaster Rovers' 2-1 loss to Peterborough United.
- Ben Alnwick did not dress Leyton Orient's 2-1 loss to Preston North End. Alnwick is suffering with a groin injury.
- David Button did not dress in Leyton Orient's 2-1 loss to Preston North End. Button is recovering from a shoulder injury.
- Jonathan Obika did not dress in Yeovil Town's 3-1 loss to Bury. Obika is recovering from injury.
- Nathan Byrne started as he went 42 minutes in Bouremouth's 2-0 win over Exeter City. Byrne will be out for four months due to an ankle injury.
- Adam Smith did not dress as MK Dons beat Notts County 3-0. Smith is recovering from an ankle injury. However, Smith was called up to the England U-21 squad for the international break.
- Simon Dawkins started and went 90 minutes as San Jose Earthquakes drew Sporting Kansas City 1-1.